Sunday, October 9, 2011

Full weekend lowdown (Sunday to come)

Thursday: Freshers fair, and signed up for a lot of clubs. In the end I've decided to just do lacrosse, although I wish I could also do rugby. I'm also going to be a part of the Psychology in Education society. :)
Didn't think that I was going to go out, but then ended up going for Freshers night because some of my flatmates convinced me. The theme was beach, and the club was interesting. I liked it in the beginning, but got really sick of it quickly. Too many drunk freshers and I really just wanted to have Matthew to dance with rather than just bobbing along with a group of girls who didn't necessarily care for me. Overall it all could have been better. I think that the problem is just that I was becoming tired of the same music, and was tired of Freshers week in general. Honestly, I thought that I liked to go out a lot before, but now I'm realizing that it's only to a certain extent. I love dancing, yes, but not when it's the exact same every night (and when it's every night that I'm doing it!). Got home, ended up hanging out with Matthew in the end, which was nice. :)

I was entirely unproductive on Friday, which was irritating. I wanted to do something, but couldn't quite figure out what to do. I woke up very late and then just hung around with my flatmates. I would say that my two best flatmate friends are Ben and Danny--both really cool second years. I then was considering watching a football game with them, but chose instead to dress up for our Cops & Robbers party. Went out and had a decent time, but all the music at the clubs was the same so it became a bit repetitive and boring. Left with others in a taxi back home, caught up on Survivor, then crashed for the night.
Cops and robbers! :)

Saturday I woke up and went out to lacrosse practice, the "taster session". Of all the new girls, I was the only one who had played before, so they all thought that I was incredible. Pretty cool...haha.
The way lax works here is that there's a girls team, boys team and then mixed; mixed is the most competitive. However, they play their games on the weekends, so I'll just play with them when I'm around and not traveling. Otherwise, I'll be on the girls team where the games are on Wednesdays. I AM SO EXCITED! We ended the session with boys and girls together, just playing a fun scrimmage, mixed rules (no hitting, five seconds to hold the ball), although it was awesome getting all into the game with the boys. They were definitely being aggressive, but I tore through them. One goal, two assists :) They were terrified of me. I loved it. :D

I then went to the market and bought a lot of food for only 32 pounds. Awesome! I was quite proud of that :') Matthew just happened to be on the bus behind me, so I waited for him (which didn't take long, as my bus was late while his was early). We did all our shopping together, and ended up spending the rest of the night together. We went to the Freshers bubble party (snuck him in) which turned out to be just bubbles rather than foam on the floor. SO SAD! But we danced, which was nice, as we dance lovely together.


Matthew and I at the "bubble party"


Matthew and I are together, which makes me more than happy. Everything about it all is so entirely perfect. We don't have to hang out all the time to be happy, and can go off and do our own things. I don't feel alone without him when I'm hanging out alone, nor do I give up other things and people in order to see him. Overall, things are incredible. It's one of those things like, him and I are going to hang out anyway and there's no avoiding it, nor would we want to. I usually never feel this way, but my realization for this is "why not?". I'm not sacrificing anything by being with him, and I'm really looking forward to the next few months having someone who is so wonderful for and to me.

I will write later about Sunday, but now I'll attach some photos :)
Love,
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment